Monday, March 8 at 12:00pm to 2:00pm
The CEE Invites all faculty to attend this upcoming Faculty Development Session.
Please email CEE@dmu.edu for the Zoom link.
Speaker: Dennis Baker, PhD, Assistant Dean for Faculty Enrichment and Professor of Family Medicine, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
Moderator: Nehad El-Sawi, PhD, Assistant Provost for Educational Innovation and Enhancement
1. Describe personal and professional harms that can result from teacher-student boundary crossings.
2. Describe the standards/documents that speak to teacher-student boundaries.
3. Given case examples of teacher-student situational interactions, determine if a boundary was crossed and if so, how it could have been avoided.
4. Describe the STAT process for practicing mindfulness regarding boundaries.
5. Develop/establish personal guidelines that will help prevent boundary crossings with learners.Session Objectives: (please include title above this list that says "Session Objectives")